Latest update

If you test positive for Covid-19 you must still isolate for 7 days. You cannot end your self-isolation early, even if a later test is negative during the 7 days.
For further informatio select this link

Monday 25 February 2022

We are working to keep your students safe by applying the Ministry of Education guidelines. The Ministry advice is that schools are open for onsite instruction and all who can do so should attend to gain the benefit of face-to-face learning. If students must be away through illness or isolation, they are to follow the work that has been set on Google Classroom.

Students wearing masks properly to cover the nose and mouth and fit closely to the face give them protection against the virus.

Watch for symptoms:

  • A new or worsening cough
  • Sneezing and runny nose
  • A fever
  • Temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
  • Sore throat
  • Shortness of breath

If any develop, get tested immediately and then, stay at home until you receive the result.

Under Phase 3, only those who test positive for the virus or those who are household contacts are required to isolate.

Isolation procedures:
If a student must isolate for any reason, they should follow their timetable as if they were in school. Teachers have been asked to post work for the week, starting next week, on Google Classroom. Parents can ask their students to show them their Google Classroom for each subject, so you can see the work that they should be doing. If they are unsure of the password, it will have been sent by the class teacher to their school email account.

Cleaning procedures:
Thorough cleaning continues as normal. Classrooms have hand sanitiser for students to use on entry and departure, and there are cleaning materials in classrooms in case they are needed. Wearing masks, following hygiene protocols and using hand sanitiser gives protection.

Will the school move to online learning?
It is a real possibility that we may have to move to distance learning if we do not have enough staff to operate safely for the number of students onsite. This may occur in different stages, for example one or two senior levels rostered home for some days. If any year levels need to be rostered home, there will always be provision made to supervise students at school who cannot be supervised by family or friends. For year levels that are rostered home, the same distance learning programme will be followed regardless of whether the student is at home or needing to be supervised at school. If your student is not able to have an internet connection for the school day, if they are rostered home or need to isolate, please email so we can provide a hard copy pack.



If you have questions can you please direct your inquiries in the following way:

General queries:
Please contact the Head of House of your child and they will direct you to the correct forum

Atawhai: Mr S Williams
Kahurangi: Ms D Mackay
Manutaki: Mr J Fraser
Pounamu: Mr S McConchie
Rangatahi: Ms J Sorenen
Taikura: Mrs Leith-Bringans

Information Technology:
Network for Learning filtering at home please go to to activate this Ministry of Education approved filter to protect your devices from unwanted distractions and content.

All Rosehill College related I.T. queries:
New Era IT: 

Te Whare Kimiora:

Health and Wellbeing support please contact our counsellors:

Dr Elahe Khalegian:
Ms Phillipa MacCormick:
Mr Simon Calder:

All other inquiries: 

For the most up to date information on Covid-19, please go to  the Covid-19 website and the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education websites. 

A list of supports and resources is available here.